FRC has implemented a custom crafting system. This system allows Player Character crafters to create a vareity of items as their skill level increases and using materials found in game.
The requirements for each crafting item varies and we won't provide spoilers, but generally the formula includes:
- A skill check of the appropriate skill such as Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Craft Wand, Brew Potion, Heal, or Spellcraft.
- An appropriate workbench found in various locations in game: Anvil, Apothecary Table, Bowyer Crafting Table, Leather working Table, or an Enchanter's Table. Interacting with the workbench will trigger the appropriate crafting dialog box.
- A crafting tool such as a Forge Hammer, a Leather Working Tool, or a Wood Worker's Tool may be needed.
- A mold or template, usually purchased from an NPC Merchant.
- Consumable Items are sometimes needed like Potion Bottles.
- Raw Materials found or purchased in game such as ores, hides, gemstones, and more.
- A sum of gold representing miscellaneous materials and cost of equipment or work space.
- Casting of a spell may be required for crafting a wand or enchanting (imbuing) an item.
- The creation of some items may include an XP Cost. Note: The XP cost of crafting wands, potions, and scrolls has been reduced half of the NWN standard XP cost.
Please ask a DM if there are any questions about FRC Crafting or share your question in the DM Q&A section here: