Post by Lord_Raven88 on Jan 24, 2005 20:24:01 GMT -5
Zox Pox “The Imp” is an unassuming looking Halfling with curly brown hair, fair skin and green eyes, Zox Pox has a streak of white hair near his left temple, underneath which can be seen a faint but jagged scar.
The origins of this unusual Halfling however are far more sinister, than his appearance shows.
Zox Pox wasn’t always a Halfling, infact he was born an Imp, Zox Pox was summoned to the prime material plane in 1370 DR, as a familiar for an evil wizard.
Unfortunately as Zox Pox was an ineffectual absent minded familiar, his master was less than impressed with Zox Pox. Zox Pox’s master persevered for 2 years, in an attempt to teach Zox Pox how to properly act like an evil familiar.
Finally in frustration, Zox Pox’s master cast a mighty spell upon on the hapless Imp which stripped his Impish heritage and transformed him into a lowly Halfling, after which he released his familiar and abandoned him to the not so tender mercies of the world.
Since that day Zox Pox has been slowly turning into a Halfling in mind to match his transformed body. Zox Pox never had the best of memories to start with, and things have only gotten worse since then. Once Zox Pox realised that he was starting to forget his previous life, he began a Journal to help preserve what little he could remember.
At least this is what his journal tells him, and since most of the journal is in his own handwriting, surely it must be true!
After all Zox Pox wouldn’t lie to himself would he?
1. The Voice To properly convey the sense of evilness it is necessary to speak in a slightly high pitched grating voice also an Imp should at all time refer to himself in the 3rd person i.e. “Zox Pox is evil IMP” or “Zox Pox no like you”. At all time an Imp must refrain from referring to himself in the singular sense ‘i.e. I am Zox Pox”.
2. Sentence Structure Another considerations in the length of your sentence structure, ideally a sentence should be no longer than 5 or 6 six words long, and ideally only monosyllabic words should be used. It is also important that you try to include your name in most sentences.
Also feel free to modify the word order of your sentence, this helps to portray an outer worldliness.
I.e. If you wish to introduce yourself, you wouldn’t say “I am Zox Pox” nor would you say “Zox Pox I am” although the second example is closer to the sentence structure you are trying to achieve, instead you should say “Zox Pox be I”* or "Zox Pox be me"
* Note: this is one of the few occasions when the use of the singular I is appropriate
3. Dress If possible the preferred colours for an Imp to wear are red and black. Grey, silver, dark blue or purple are good choices for adding highlights.
When dressing it is best to stick with dark subdued colours, with the occasional contrasting colour to add definition or to act as a highlight.
At all cost yellow (in any shade) or white must be avoided, also most shades of green, and brown are inappropriate, as these can detract from the overall impression of evilness.
4. Posture Where practical, you should attempt to develop a slightly stooped over posture, also your shoulders should be slightly slumped forwards.
The affect you are trying for is not to appear like an old man, rather you wish to portray to others that your innate evilness, is beginning to corrupt and overwhelm your spirit and body. Also this gives the impression that the weigh of past evil actions are begining to weigh upon you.
Naturally it isn’t feasible to maintain this posture indefinitely, but when in public view, to will go along way towards furthering the impression of your evilness.
Below are some exercises to help strengthen your back and shoulder muscles, doing these on a daily basis will allow you to go for longer periods in this stooped over slumped posture.
5. Facial Expressions Correct facial expressions go a long way to successfully portraying yourself as an Imp of true evilness, the main weapons in your arsenal are following expressions; sneer, contempt, scorn, anger, hatred, evil glee, scathing frown, dead-pan, evil grin, and sly cunning. It is important that at the earliest opportunity that you “acquire” a looking glass to practice the various facial exercises, detailed below…<br> It is also important that you learn how to strictly control your facial muscles so as to only portray the emotions you choose to, to others. It is best that you commonly learn to have an expressions of bored disdain upon your face, and smiling is generally a no no.
6. Laughter Generally laughter is not something anything self respecting Imp would admit to, however it is appropriate to develop a truly sinister laugh, especially for those times after you have shared your diabolically plans to the helplessly trapped do-gooder. A truly sinister laugh should send a chill down others spines, and should make them aware of the great depths of your evilness, to have a truly sinister less = more.
i.e. if you’re prone to bouts of diabolical laughter, this will lessen the impact of these, truly diabolical laughter should be saved for those special occasions.
To have a truly successful evil laugh, it is important that you learn to breath from the diaphragm, this will help create resonance and power to your evil laugh.
Post by Lord_Raven88 on Jan 25, 2005 18:58:24 GMT -5
Daily Journal Entry. It seems that my memories are continuing to deteriorate, each day when I awaken, I can recall less and less of the past. I seem to be able to hold onto most of my recently acquired memories, but the past is a yawning chasm I can’t seem to overcome, my memories seem to stretch back only a few weeks now.
Who am I?
What happened to me?
Did I wrong some vengeful god?
Have I been cursed by foul magic?
And From where do my powers come from?
Answers, I need answers!
The only tie to my past is this journal in which I currently write.
According to this journal, my name seems to be Zox Pox, and apparently I was once an Imp.
I have read and re-read the entirety of this book, and still the events within sound more like a fable, than fact.
None-the-less I must put my trust in this journal, I have compared the handwriting to my own and it seems to be a perfect match, all bar the first few pages which explain how I came to be in this form.
Is this a cruel jest on someones part, or is it the tale that I related to another and asked them to write this down lest I forget.
Either way, this is the only past I know or have, and it’s better to have “some” knowledge of my past, than no knowledge at all.
I must continue my quest to restore myself to my previous form, only then will my true memories return.
That is all I can write for now, the caravan I am upon is about to pull into a human town called Isinhold in the land of Cormyr, perhaps here I will find answers to my many questions.
Signed Zox Pox “The Imp”
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
Current PC: Marick Cross (War Wizard of Cormyr - In training)